Important Note: See our March for Life 2020 page for a full list of ways to participate.
Peace & Life Referendums – Website Up!
Voting against violence – what are all the U.S. state and local referendums to be voted on November 3? We track them, offer insight that might help certain voters, and give needed information for helping out. U.S. readers may especially want to help with those in their own states, but there are financial and spread-the-word ways to help in states other than your own.
Assassinations by Drone
Act of war. Extrajudicial execution. Stopping a mainly nonviolent uprising as Iranian protesters turn their anger to the U.S. instead of their own government. Trying to justify the murder with reasoning that would apply, but would never fly, if the military of another country assassinated a U.S. government official. This is heart-wrenching.
Our member group Pax Christi USA has this statement on the deliberate killing of an Iranian general on Iraqi soil by drone strike and ongoing efforts to avoid war with Iran. More of our member groups will probably be offering more thoughts as the situation develops.
Golden Globe Politics
At the awards show Sunday, January 5, there were praiseworthy remarks about stopping cruelty to immigrants, addressing climate change, and not going to war with Iran.
However, Michelle Williams used the euphemism of “choice” to cover killing preborn babies. CLN Endorser Abby Johnson has an excellent Facebook post about it. Our member group Rehumanize International has a commentary, and our member group Alice Paul Group also has a blog post. The Babylon Bee (not a member group) has this biting sarcastic satire. CLN member group Feminists Choosing Life of New York posted this commentary on Instagram.
1. Fake feminism says women “can’t” achieve without abortion. Rather than change society to adapt to the specific needs of women, it assumes women must change to meet the demands of society.
2. Real feminism recognizes men and women have an equal responsibility to care for their children. A culture that relies on abortion access places all responsibility for fertility, pregnancy, child birth an child rearing on women alone.
3. . . . Freedom of religion does not mean the freedom to choose who is or is not human . . .
4. It is utterly condescending to tell women that it’s in “our own best interest” to have access to killing our children.
5. Just as the feminist movement was formed by pro-life women, millions of women still reject the association for abortion and feminism.
Latest CLN Blog Post – Northern Ireland
In Northern Ireland's New Colonialism, Maria Horan explains how the U.K.’s imposition of pro-abortion laws on Northern Ireland fits in a long history of oppression.
We’ve Increased Blog Payments to $50
We know that lots of you have excellent ideas to share with the consistent-life community through our blog, and we offer payment because it’s worthwhile work and because we want you to prioritize getting it done and in. Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laudato si, Section 117
Neglecting to monitor the harm done to nature and the environmental impact of our decisions is only the most striking sign of a disregard for the message contained in the structures of nature itself. When we fail to acknowledge as part of reality the worth of a poor person, a human embryo, a person with disabilities – to offer just a few examples – it becomes difficult to hear the cry of nature itself; everything is connected.
Responses/News Tips/Questions to share are all welcome.
Send to email@example.com.